Albion Dyeworks, 1868 – 1995

Albion Dyeworks 1996

Title Albion Dyeworks
Date 1996
Location Guiseley
Photo ID AA40
Comment Charles Busfield and Co. Ltd., Albion Dyeworks. The business was owned by the Busfield family for several generations dating back to 1868, there was some rebuilding at the dyeworks in 1908. The business was sold by the Busfield family to Readicut, it was closed in 1995.
Albion Dyeworks 1996

S85 – Albion Dyeworks, 1996.

Albion Dyeworks – 1996

View of the dyeworks yard. Some housing has been built on the site and an NHS treatment centre (January 2013).

Albion Dyeworks 1996

S86 – Albion Dyeworks, 1996.

Albion Dyeworks – 1996

Seen from Queensway, a corner of Charles Busfield and Co. Ltd., Albion Dyeworks.

Albion Dyeworks 1996

S87 – Albion Dyeworks, 1996.

Albion Dyeworks – 1996

A gated entrance to the dyeworks.

Albion Dyeworks 1996

S88 – Albion Dyeworks, 1996.

Albion Dyeworks – 1996

The dyeworks is on the left of Queensway, the cottages at the end of Queensway are on Lands Lane.
The tall house on the right is Hillcroft at the end of Town Street.

Albion Dyeworks 1997

R431 – Albion Dyeworks, 1997.

Albion Dyeworks – 1997

The remains of Albion Dyeworks with chimney still standing are in the centre of the view, the junction of Queensway with Town Street is next right.
On Queensway, the last house in view on the right is a bungalow called “Southlands”.

Albion Dyeworks 1997

R433 – Albion Dyeworks, 1997.

Albion Dyeworks – 1997

Looking from Queensway, the dyeworks chimney is being pulled down. Workmen are suspended in a cage from a crane jib and reducing the chimney manually.
The tower of St. Oswald’s Church peeps over the rubble on the left.

Albion Dyeworks 1999

Y10 – Albion Dyeworks, 1999.

Albion Dyeworks – 1999

Looking across the site of the former dyeworks, St. Oswald’s Church is in the background, to the right are properties on the Green.

Albion Dyeworks 1999

Y08 – Albion Dyeworks, 1999.

Albion Dyeworks – 1999

Part of the site where the Albion Dyeworks had stood, The datestones from the factory have been incorporated into the wall . St. Oswald’s Church is seen on the right, a small enclave of houses named Town Gate Close were erected on the site , also Town Gate House.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 17 February 2022.
Last updated: 17 February 2022.

Leave a comment