|Comment||The owner of this bus was Mrs Sarah Buttery of 27 Cross Green, Otley. She was one of the first bus owners (and drivers) in the area. In 1922 she bought two converted Model T Fords which had no gears and seating for 14 passengers. They were painted grey with a green stripe and ran between Guiseley, Burley-in- Wharfedale and Ilkley. Her husband Walter drove one, her son George Walker Buttery drove the other. The service only ran for two years, finishing in 1924, George later worked for the West Riding Road Car Co.|
C310 – Buttery Bus, 2014.
Buttery Bus – 2014
This article appeared in the Wharfedale Observer newspaper on the 13th February 2014.
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 04 May 2022.
Last updated: 04 May 2022.