Frank Parkinson Court

Frank Parkinson Court 2004 formerly Bingley Lands
Title Frank Parkinson Court
Date 2004
Location Guiseley
Photo ID C550
Comment Frank Parkinson Court was funded by the Frank Parkinson Yorkshire Trust. Frank was the son of a Guiseley stonemason, in 1908 he went to Leeds University where he took electrical engineering, later he went into business with his brother Alfred. In 1927 he acquired Crompton Lighting and formed the Crompton Parkinson company, he became a millionaire. After his death various trusts were set up including the Yorkshire Trust which funded homes for the elderly in Guiseley. These properties replaced the old Bingley lands.

To see the old houses on Bingley Lands, please – Click Here.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 21 February 2022.
Last updated: 21 February 2022.

Leave a comment