Henshaw Lane (C of E) School, 1847 – 1907

Henshaw Lane (C of E) School Undated

Title Henshaw Lane (C of E) School
Date Undated
Location Yeadon
Photo ID A017
Comment This image is of Henshaw Lane, the large building on the right at the junction with Gill Lane was a Church of England school. Richard Barwick of Low Hall had given land for the building of St John’s church (1844), this was followed by the school in 1847. The date is carved on a stone at the entrance.
Henshaw Lane (C of E) School Class 1898

P369 – Henshaw Lane (C of E ) School, 1898.

Henshaw Lane ( C of E ) School – 1898

The teacher with this class of children is thought to be Miss Mary Palliser.

Henshaw Lane (C of E) School 1902

FB012 – Henshaw Lane (C of E ) School, 1902.

Henshaw Lane ( C of E ) School – 1902

Class photo of children who attended Yeadon National School, the ages range from the very young on the front row to older boys standing at the back.

Donated by Christine Phillips.

Henshaw Lane (C of E) School 1907

M314 – Henshaw Lane (C of E ) School, c1907.

Henshaw Lane ( C of E ) School – c1907

Standards 1 & 2 with their teachers, taken in or before 1907 when the school closed.

Henshaw Lane (C of E) School 1907

Henshaw Lane ( C of E ) School – 1907

2nd August 1907: The school was built in 1847 as the Church School for St. Johns (not in view to the left), when it closed there were 120 pupils who were transferred to South View school.

F152 – Henshaw Lane (C of E ) School, 1907.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 13 January 2022.
Last updated: 13 January 2022.

Leave a comment