|Comment||The Rigg family were master butchers. John Rigg was a Primitive Methodist preacher and a member of the Harrogate Road, Baptist Chapel, which was built in 1867. The Rigg’s were great supporters of this chapel and it was often referred to by Rawdon people as ‘Rigg’s Chapel’. James who died in 1867 was the great, great, grandfather of Martin Rigg, author of a series of illustrated books about Aireborough.|
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 16 February 2021.
Last updated: 16 April 2021.