Luty’s Shop – 1890s

Luty's Shop 1890s
Title Luty’s Shop./
Date 1890s
Location Yeadon
Photo ID FB184
Comment This shop on Town Hall Square was the business of the Luty family from the mid 1870s. The couple in the doorway are Hannah and Jasper Luty, they were married in 1893 and left the shop in 1899 when it was sold to Wormalds. Another member of the family cricketer Albert Luty had lived at the shop with his aunt, when he was tragically killed in 1883 Jasper was sent to live with the elderly lady to take care of her. Donated by Jean Dean.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 26 November 2021.
Last updated: 26 November 2021.

Leave a comment