Nunroyd House

Nunroyd House Undated

Title Nunroyd House
Date Undated
Location Guiseley
Photo ID D075
Comment Nunroyd House was built around 1890 by local mill owner and philanthropist Jonathan Peate. On the 1891 census he was living there with his wife Ruth, niece Sarah Elizabeth Rhodes and two servants. Jonathan Peate died in 1924. By the 1970s, Nunroyd House had become Brummells night club, then The Inn on the Park. After being unoccupied for several years the house is now being renovated for use as a day nursery (September 2012). Aireborough Civic Society have recently erected a Blue Plaque to honour Peate’s life and achievements.
Nunroyd House c1910

G469 – Nunroyd House, c1910.

Nunroyd House – c1910

This image of Nunroyd House in Yeadon was taken onto a glass slide in around 1910.

Photographer E E Slater.

Nunroyd House 1970s

FBA032 – Nunroyd House, 1970s.

Nunroyd House – 1970s

By the 1970s Nunroyd House had become Brummells night club, then The Inn on the Park.
After being unoccupied for several years the house is now being renovated for use as a day nursery (September 2012).
Aireborough Civic Society have recently erected a Blue Plaque to honour Peate’s life and achievements

Nunroyd House 1970s

FBA033 – Nunroyd House, 1970s.

Nunroyd House – 1970s

Decorative ceiling feature in the house.

Nunroyd House 1970s

FBA034 – Nunroyd House, 1970s.

Nunroyd House – 1970s

Decorative ceiling feature in the house.

Nunroyd House 1978

AA106 – Nunroyd House, 1978.

Nunroyd House – 1978

Two views of Nunroyd House.

Nunroyd House 1978

AA107 – Nunroyd House, 1978.

Nunroyd House – 1978

As above.

Nunroyd House 1981

FB098 – Nunroyd House, 1981.

Nunroyd House – 1981

The front entrance to Nunroyd House, once the home of Jonathan Peate. It was converted into a public house.
In 2012 Aireborough Civic Society placed a Blue Plaque in Nunroyd Park to mark the home and achievements of an outstanding local entrepreneur.

Nunroyd House 1981

FB099 – Nunroyd House, 1981.

Nunroyd House – 1981

This was the home of local mill owner Jonathan Peate. It became a public house and has since been renovated to a Day Nursery and Pre-School (Feb 2022).

Nunroyd House 1981

FB100 – Nunroyd House, 1981.

Nunroyd House – 1981

View across the front of Nunroyd House.

Consolidated by Linda Plonka. 28 February 2022.
Last updated: 02 March 2022.

Leave a comment