Old Bar House

Old Bar House 1920s
Title Bar House
Date 1920s
Location Carlton
Photo ID V37
Comment This property was demolished in the late 1920s, it had stood at the junction of the Otley/Leeds Road and Harrogate Road. This was part of the Dudley Hill to Killinghall Turnpike Trust Road, tolls for using the road would have been paid at the (toll) Bar House. It was known locally as “Mary Patricks”, presumably she had been an occupant at some time.

Carlton Categories

Old Bar House Pre 1922

A007 – Old Bar House, Pre 1922.

Bar House – Pre 1922

This cottage stood at the junction of Otley/Leeds Road and Harrogate Road.
Written on the reverse of the image is “Mr Cooper’s mother was married from there and (at) Guiseley Parish church.
His sister was born there, 5 children in family.”

Old Bar House Pre 1922

B052 – Old Bar House, Pre 1922.

Bar House – Pre 1922

A finger signpost points left to Otley and right to Leeds.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 28 April 2021.
Last Updated: 28 April 2021.

Leave a comment