Primitive Methodist Chapel, 1875 – 1978

Primitive Methodist Chapel 1912

Title Primitive Methodist Chapel
Date 1912
Location Yeadon
Photo ID B028
Comment Sunday School children line up for their photo to be taken outside the chapel on Town Hall Square. There is nothing “primitive” about the appearance of the children, from the smartly dressed toddlers at the front to the boys at the back wearing Eton collars and boaters!
Primitive Methodist Chapel c1920s

E422 – Primitive Methodist Chapel, c1920s.

Primitive Methodist Chapel – c1920s

This image was taken on a glass slide by E E Slater of Hopeville House, Yeadon.

The Town Hall is on the left, next is the Primitive Methodist Chapel, there are crowds of people around including many children dressed in their best outfits.

To the right is what appears to be a Military Band, in the foreground is a pile of stones and rubble, (not shown in this image) in 1925 old properties in front of the Town Hall were demolished to create the Square, the photo possibly dates from then.

Primitive Methodist Chapel 1979

JH072 – Primitive Methodist Chapel, 1979.

Primitive Methodist Chapel – 1979

Located to the right of the Town Hall, in this view it is no longer used for worship and has been sold, it is now used as offices (October 2013).
On the right is the present Yeadon Methodist Church, all the various Methodist groups are now united as one.

Primitive Methodist Chapel 1996

S67 – Primitive Methodist Chapel, 1996.

Primitive Methodist Chapel -1996

The Primitive Methodist Chapel which is no longer used for worship and has been converted into offices.
A glimpse of Yeadon Methodist Church can be seen on each side of the building.

Primitive Methodist Chapel 1996

S69 – Primitive Methodist Chapel, 1979.

Primitive Methodist Chapel – 1996

In the foreground is South View Road with the former Primitive Methodist Chapel.
A notice on the building advertises office space to let.
On the right is part of Yeadon Methodist Church.

Primitive Methodist Chapel 1999

Y05 – Primitive Methodist Chapel, 1999.

Primitive Methodist Chapel -1999

The chapel was converted into offices, the present Methodist Church lies behind it and is partly seen on the right. (February 2014)

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 28 January 2022.
Last updated: 28 January 2022.

Leave a comment