Queen Street Chapel – 1908

Queen Street Chapel 1908
Title New Road Opening
Date 1st August 1908
Location Yeadon
Photo ID A118
Comment This chapel had opened in 1865, in 1898, land was purchased including a disused quarry which separated the chapel from the High Street. A new road to the High Street was laid and lined with trees, a garden was planted adjoining the chapel, this cost £1,200. Here we see a crowd of people assembled for the opening ceremony which was performed by Jonathan Peate. Men seated at the front have instruments including a cello. A notice on the chapel door appears to be about a poll to be taken in the chapel, for an election.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 17 October 2021.
Last updated: 17 October 2021.

Leave a comment