Royal Visit 1949

Royal Visit 1949
Title Royal Visit
Date 12th June 1949
Location Yeadon
Photo ID FBA137
Comment This commemorative book was produced to mark a visit to Ive’s Leafield Mill by HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. A copy was given to employees as a souvenir. Donated by Brian Triffitt.
Royal Visit 1949

FBA138 – Royal Visit, 1949.

Royal Visit – 1949

Genealogy of the Ives family, James Ives, founder of James Ives & Co Ltd (Leafield and Manor Mills) was born in 1829 and died in 1904.
He left 4 sons (and 2 daughters not included on the tree), subsequently 5 grandsons went into the business.

Royal Vist 1949

FBA139 – Royal Visit, 1949.

Royal Visit – 1949

Front cover of a commemorative booklet? “The Visit of Their Royal Highnesses The Princess Elizabeth and The Duke of Edinburgh To   The West Riding of Yorkshire”

Leafield Mill 1949 Visit of HRH Prince Philip

M106 – Royal Visit, 1949.

Royal Visit – 1949

12th January 1949 – His Royal Highness Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh inspects unfinished cloth displayed by Mr E K Ives on a visit to Leafield Mill, Kirk Lane.
The Prince had arrived at Apperley Bridge Station to be met by H W Wade Chairmen of Aireborough Urban District Council and Lord Scarborough, Lord Lieutenant of the County.
He was driven to the mill where two grandsons of founder James Ives were waiting to greet Him, Mr John Bapty Ives and Mr Edward Kenneth Ives, also present were Marian Edith Ives and Elsie May Ives.
In this view the Earl of Scarborough is at the right edge.
After being shown round the mill Prince Philip presented long service awards to staff.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 17 October 2021.
Last updated: 20 January 2022 – Photo ID: M106.

Leave a comment