Stone Top

Stone Top 1987
Title Stone Top
Date 1987
Location Esholt
Photo ID Y028
Comment Medieval Road to Stone Top in Esholt woods. The farmhouse dates back to 1614, when it was built by Thomas Furness, he had to seek permission from the landowners via a land agent.

The Vavasours had arrived with the Normans and were given extensive lands which stretched from the River Wharfe around Askwith to the River Aire in the Esholt area. Furness had their agreement to build Stone Top Farm, it is now called Calverley Close Cottage. (April 2013)

Stone Top 1987

Y029 – Stone Top, 1987.

Stone Top – 1987

Stone Top Farm and barn, situated off Gill Lane adjacent to the railway line, where the Westfield area meets Esholt.

Consolidated by Elaine Ellwood. 03 May 2021.
Last updated: 06 May 2021.

Leave a comment