|Title||Time Capsule Found|
|Comment||This photo was in a time capsule found in 1984 when the Church Institute was converted into apartments. Situated on Chapel Lane, the building seen here was built in 1766, the first Wesleyan Chapel in Yeadon. In 1854 it was sold to W B Crompton Stansfield of Esholt who allowed it to be used as a Church of England Mission and schoolroom. When St. Andrew’s Church was built in 1891 this building became known as “Old St. Andrew’s”, it was demolished in 1894 and replaced by the Church Institute.|
B319 – Time Capsule, 1984.
Time Capsule – 1984
This was the first Wesleyan Chapel in Yeadon built in 1766, later a Mission Room and schoolroom for the Church of England.
It was demolished in 1894 and the Church Institute built on the site.
When that building was converted into apartments in 1984 a time capsule was found which contained this photo.
Various pieces of furniture can be seen, there is also an organ on the right.
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 17 October 2021.
Last updated: 17 October 2021.