West Hall

West Hall 1978
Title West Hall
Date 1978
Location Yeadon
Photo ID A025
Comment On land originally owned by Walter Calverley, in 1821 John Hustler purchased the land from John Whalley for £2,200. Joseph Brown built West Hall circa 1845, on his death it was inherited by his daughter Grace Ellen Hartland, wife of Richard Hartland a coal merchant. The property changed hands again in 1901 purchased by James Bailey. By 1919 Francis Whalley was living there, then Stephen Bailey of Kirkstall. Around 1924 the house was bought by G. Crowther who died in 1947. The following occupant was Jean Mary Howells then in 1951 F and A Walsh. In a local newspaper 2.3.2006 a “For Sale” notice advertises an adjoining cottage and states that West Hall had been used as a boys school.
West Hall 1978

A026 – West Hall, 1978.

West Hall – 1978

As above.

West Hall 1978

A027 – West Hall, 1978.

West Hall – 1978

As above.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 26 September 2021.
Last updated: 26 September 2021.

Leave a comment