West Parade

West Parade 1955

Title West Parade
Date 1955
Location Guiseley
Photo ID G127
Comment The shop and all to the left were demolished and became the Drop Inn car park. Houses to the right still there and you can see the outline of where the demolished shop was on its wall. (This information was supplied in March 2021 by Tony Franklin.) Photographer James Farrar, donated by his son David.
West Parade 1955

L042 – West Parade, 1955.

West Parade – 1955

West Parade 1955

L043 – West Parade, 1955.

West Parade – 1955

A close up of 55 West Parade,  under a compulsory purchase order (CPO) in 1955.

West Parade 1955

G128 – West Parade, 1955.

West Parade – 1955

Fronting onto Town Street just above where the Drop Inn used to be, a shop front of a general store advertising Colman’s Starch. The shopkeeper in the late 1950s was a Mrs Street.

The house on the left hand corner was that of a Mrs Ions and hidden around the corner was the home of the Sedgwick family. Mrs Street’s home and shop, after that came the home of the Sutcliffe family and lastly the home of Billy Barrets.

West Parade 1960

K424 – West Parade, 1960.

West Parade – 1960

Now derelict  the properties are waiting demolition, this building  shown which has a warning notice “Dangerous Building”.

West Parade 1960

K425 – West Parade, 1960.

West Parade – 1960

Awaiting demolition.

West Parade 1960

K426 – West Parade, 1960.

West Parade – 1960

Awaiting demolition.

West Parade 1960

K427 – West Parade, 1960.

West Parade – 1960

Awaiting demolition. Right hand side the edge of a local shop can be viewed along with a bubble gum machine.

Consolidated by Elaine Ellwood. 20 February 2022.
Last updated: 20 February 2022.

Leave a comment