This gun emplacement was sited here as protection for the airport and the AVRO factory during the 2nd World War. This view is from Otley Old Road.
Ancient stone which is situated on Carlton Moor. There are various theories about this monolith, could it be a Roman milestone as it stands in near proximity to the Roman Road?
This rural scene was captured on a glass slide by E E Slater, the image has been digitally transferred by John Hobson.
Greengates Farm is situated on Otley Old Road, it is Greengates Cattery. During the 1939-45 War, a light anti-aircraft battery was sited there.
In the foreground pigs are foraging in the field, front view of the farmhouse.
Novia Farm Carlton, one notable resident was Hannah Green, the ‘Ling Bob’ Witch.
This property was demolished in the late 1920s, it had stood at the junction of the Otley/Leeds Road and Harrogate Road.
This small church was originally built as a school and schoolhouse, it is now a private house.