This gun emplacement was sited here as protection for the airport and the AVRO factory during the 2nd World War. This view is from Otley Old Road.
This property was demolished in the late 1920s, it had stood at the junction of the Otley/Leeds Road and Harrogate Road.
This is the wreckage of an Avro Anson k11, registration G-ALXH which crashed into a field at Carlton on April 9th 1963.
Ancient stone which is situated on Carlton Moor. There are various theories about this monolith, could it be a Roman milestone as it stands in near proximity to the Roman Road?
This rural scene was captured on a glass slide by E E Slater, the image has been digitally transferred by John Hobson.
Novia Farm Carlton, one notable resident was Hannah Green, the ‘Ling Bob’ Witch.
Greengates Farm is situated on Otley Old Road, it is Greengates Cattery. During the 1939-45 War, a light anti-aircraft battery was sited there.
This photo shows a man strolling down a path in Yorkgate Wood. The wood was planted in the mid 1800s by John Hustler.
Roman Road 72b ran Eastwards from Ilkley (Olicana) to Tadcaster (Calcaria), a distance of 24 miles.