This group of 11 men are believed to have worked for a firm in Guiseley, could it have been the foundry
…Editor’s Note: Abbey Stores was located on the Otley Road where Olivers Tapas Bar is now located and they were a grocers and provison stores. They …
Part of Moon’s transport fleet – a shire horse and carts.
Part of the mill complex seen from Netherfield Road, this is Abraham Moon’s, the only remaining working textile mill in Aireborough.
The following 4 photographs are of the weaving and warping department of Moon’s mill.
Otley Road runs from the bottom left, the view is looking towards Yeadon and Rawdon.
The dominant building is Nunroyd Mill…
Scene viewed from the tower of St. Oswald’s Church, on the left is Lands Lane then the Garden of Remembrance with Frank Parkinson Homes immediately behind, Town Street is to the right.
The area of cleared land in the…
This water damaged photo shows Mr and Mrs Ainsworth celebrating their Golden Wedding.
The old and new fire stations which were built to serve the area.
Flower Chase was built in 2007, Mitchell Court opened in 2006.
Building of the Leisure Centre or swimming baths as it was then called on the Green.
Aireborough Festival was held in Guiseley Town Hall 9th – 21st February 2015.
Charles Busfield and Co. Ltd., Albion Dyeworks. The business was owned by the Busfield family for several generations dating back to 1868, there was some rebuilding at the dyeworks…
The Aldi Store on the Otley Road at White Cross fully opened in February 2016.
An undated photograph showing a prize bull which belonged to Allan Eastwood of Brewerey Farm, seen here outside the butcher’s shop….