Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » guiseley » Guiseley Landmarks

Guiseley Landmarks

Aerial Views, (Guiseley) – (1)

Otley Road runs from the bottom left, the view is looking towards Yeadon and Rawdon. The dominant building is Nunroyd Mill…

Aerial Views, (Guiseley) – (2)

Scene viewed from the tower of St. Oswald’s Church, on the left is Lands Lane then the Garden of Remembrance with Frank Parkinson Homes immediately behind, Town Street is to the right. The area of cleared land in the…

Aireborough Fire Brigades & Joint Service

The old and new fire stations which were built to serve the area.

Aireborough Flower Fund Homes

Flower Chase was built in 2007, Mitchell Court opened in 2006.

Aireborough Leisure Centre

Building of the Leisure Centre or swimming baths as it was then called on the Green.

Albion Dyeworks, 1868 – 1995

Charles Busfield and Co. Ltd., Albion Dyeworks. The business was owned by the Busfield family for several generations dating back to 1868, there was some rebuilding at the dyeworks…

Alva House – 1883

Alva House was built by James Waddington who also built Cassfield Mill and Alva Terrace to provide homes for some of his workforce….


This property situated off Town Street was formerly known as Raymond Forrest’s Barn. It was converted into a home and given the name Ashcroft. (May 2013)

Ashtofts Mount

Looking from Wells Road across Oxford Road to Ashtofts Mount.

Back Lane (Cuddy Hill)

Cuddy Hill, now called Back Lane. ‘Cuddy’ was a local name for a donkey, this was part of an old route to Bradford via the Coach Road.

Baker’s Farm

This house was previously Baker’s Farm property (2004 Harold Baker still lived in Guiseley), it was sited on the right just above the bungalows. A note with the…

Barn Cottage

This house is located off Town Street, the old building on the right is possibly the old Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. It was built in 1814 and remained…


Virtually unusable footpath alongside Guiseley beck. The beck runs from the Shaw Lane estate, down through Nunroyd,…

Bedford Place

Small street off Otley Road, situated between a Chinese takeaway on the right and the Regent Hotel which is out of view on the left.


Belmont was built by Hugh Claughton and stands at the corner of Renton Avenue, Richmond Terrace is to the right. Hugh’s son Nathaniel …

12312 Next