|Comment||Alva House was built by James Waddington who also built Cassfield Mill and Alva Terrace to provide homes for some of his workforce. Alva House was reputed to be the first house in Guiseley to be built with a flat roof. At the time of this photo it was the home of the Walsh family, they were hosting a “Sewing Tea” for members of the new Baptist Chapel on Oxford Road which had opened the same year, 1883. Chapel guests are on the roof having a good view of Guiseley. The house later became part of the Cassfield Mill complex and is now demolished.|
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 06 February 2022.
Last updated: 06 February 2022.