Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » Guiseley » Landmarks-Guiseley » Nunroyd

Nunroyd

Nunroyd Undated
Title Nunroyd
Date Undated
Location Guiseley
Photo ID G032
Comment Two semi-detached houses which were called “Nunroyd”. They were located just on the Guiseley side of Shaw Beck and opposite Peates Mill. They are not to be confused with Nunroyd House, home of Jonathan Peate which stood further back. Nunroyd was home to the other two Peate brothers, Joseph Long and Caleb who lived in the two Nunroyd dwellings. Later they belonged to John Arthur Rhodes of Springhead Mill, he also owned Micklefield House at Rawdon when it was sold in 1930 to Rawdon Council. Nunroyd has now been demolished.

Consolidated by Linda Plonka. 08 March 2022.
Last updated: 20 March 2022.

Leave a comment

Site Map