Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » Guiseley » Landmarks-Guiseley » Parish Hall

Parish Hall

Parish Hall c1925

Title Parish Hall
Date c1925
Location Guiseley
Photo ID H969
Comment Restoration of the old tithe barn to be used as a Parish Hall, the man in the white shirt and no waistcoat is Canon Howson. Canon James Francis Howson was Rector of Guiseley 1906-1934. Donated by Lynda Keith.
Parish Hall Undated

I389 – Parish Hall, Undated.

Parish Hall – Undated

This building was the tithe barn used as a Parish Hall for St. Oswald’s Church.

Parish Hall c1970s

F157 – Parish Hall, c1970s.

Parish Hall – c1970s

Originally an old tithe barn built by Rev. Willougby, Rector of Guiseley 1772-1816. It was converted into a Parish Hall during the time of Canon Howson and was in use until it was burnt down in the 1970s.

Consolidated by Linda Plonka. 08 March 2022.
Last updated: 10 March 2022.

Leave a comment