|Comment||Land on Odda Lane was leased from Francis Hawksworth Fawkes for 100 years, the Methodist Chapel was built in 1837. It was demolished in 1902 when a new chapel was built, the site was used to extend the burial ground.|
F090 – New Methodist Chapel, 1903.
New Methodist Chapel – 1903
The new chapel replaced an older one which had been built in 1837 and closed in 1902.
The land for the new building was donated by Mr Frderick Hawksworth Fawkes of Farnley Hall and was designed by Walker and Collinson of Bradford.
The total cost was £940, this provided seating for 120, a movable divider between the schoolroom and the vestry to provide space for social gatherings and a caretakers cottage.
The opening service was conducted outside, the size of the congregation would perhaps have made it difficult to seat everyone inside.
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 30 April 2021.
Last updated: 17 November 2022 – Both images updated.