|Comment||Portrait of Charlotte Bronte. The first Bronte connection with Aireborough came on 29th December 1812 when the Rev. Patrick Bronte married Maria Branwell at St. Oswald’s Church, Guiseley. Charlotte was born on 21st April 1816 in Thornton, Bradford, the family moved to Haworth in 1820. The second came with Charlotte when she was employed as a governess by Mr and Mrs John White for their two children in March 1841. They were living at Upperwood House, Apperley Lane, she stayed there for 9 months. Bronte House, the preparatory department for Woodhouse Grove School was built in the grounds of Upperwood House, the house itself has been demolished.|
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 01 June 2022.
Last updated: 01 June 2022.