|Comment||Mr Ronald Metcalfe, verger at St. Peter’s church and also the caretaker of St. Peter’s school is seen here winding the church clock mechanism. The clock was made by Potts of Leeds in 1922, it strikes Westminster chimes on the quarter hour on 4 bells cast by Taylors of Loughborough. The photo was donated by Paul Metcalfe, son of Ronald Metcalfe.|
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 08 June 2022.
Last updated: 08 June 2022.