|Title||A S Thomas|
Seen next to a milestone on Over Lane is a horse and cart which belonged to J Maude, a local carrier. The horseman is Albert Smithson Thomas. In 1918, he opened the first fish and chip shop in Rawdon at Low Fold, in 1924 he moved a short distance to New Road Side. This remained a fish and chip shop until recently when it became an Oriental take-away.
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 27 September 2023.
Last updated: 27 September 2023.