Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » Rawdon » Religious Rawdon » Low Mill Methodist Chapel

Low Mill Methodist Chapel

Title Low Mill Methodist Chapel
Date Undated
Location Rawdon
Photo ID E369
Comment Located on Knott Lane and built in 1874, by William Grey, the then owner of Low Mill. The chapel could only accommodate a small number of people, presumably it was built for the Grey family use. In 1924, the Yeadon Wesleyan Circuit purchased the building for £200, it sold again in 1979 for £2,500 to be used as a private dwelling.
Low Mill Methodist Chapel Undated

F035 – Low Mill Methodist Chapel, Undated.

Low Mill Methodist Chapel – Undated.

Another view of the chapel, though poor quality.

Low Mill Methodist Chapel Undated

M986 – Low Mill Methodist Chapel, Undated.

Low Mill Methodist Chapel – Undated

A group of women, girls and a boy outside the chapel located in Cragg Wood, it was a private chapel built by William Grey in 1874 who owned Low Mill at that time. It was sold to the Yeadon Wesleyan Methodist Circuit in 1924 for £200, it closed in 1979 and is now a private house.

Donated by Melanie Stapleton.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 14 April 2021.
Last updated: 18 September 2023 – Photo ID: M986. 19 October 2022 – Images updated.

Leave a comment

Site Map