Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » Yeadon » People-Yeadon » Sharpe-Firth, Mr & Mrs – c1895

Sharpe-Firth, Mr & Mrs – c1895

Mr & Mrs Sharpe-Firth Undated
Title Mr & Mrs Sharpe-Firth
Date c1895
Location Yeadon
Photo ID T56
Comment Mr and Mrs Sharpe Firth, they lived on Swaine Hill. Mrs Firth has very long hair which is braided and appears to have pearls or beads entwined in it. Mr Firth was a partner in the shuttle making business of Milner and Firth. The business was founded in Bradford in 1866 but later relocated to Yeadon, based in one of the old areas of Manor Mill and then to a site behind the Robin Hood Inn. In 1930 the works became the business of Duncan Yeadon and Rowland Marshall and were absorbed into Mitchell and Sons of Killinghall Mills. The wooden section of the shuttles were manufactured at Killinghall then finished in Yeadon. The company closed in 1958.

Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 03 November 2021.
Last updated: 03 November 2021.

Leave a comment