|Old School, Schoolmaster
|This man was a master at the “old” school which was situated on the present Town Hall Square. It was built in 1806, costs were met by a mortgage for £92 and the rest by subscription, originally a single storey building a second floor was added in 1816. It was demolished in 1880 when the area immediately in front of the new Town Hall was cleared, the school being given free accommodation in the Town Hall.
Consolidated by Jack Brayshaw. 20 January 2022.
Last updated: 25 January 2023 – Image reviewed.