These two photos were the work of Ernest E Slater, they were taken on glass slides. John teal is pictured with a boy, MrsTeal is alone. A John Teal is listed in the 1908 Kelly’s directory as an insurance agent, living on Football (Fields).
Group of pupils, the boy at the front is holding up ?
Norman Booth had a tailors and outfitters shop to the left hand side of the Empire picture house on New Road Side. The window has a display of men’s caps and hats.
A Queen’s Guide with her certificate and celebration cake….
Prefabs (MAP- Ministry of Aircraft Production homes) on Tennyson Street, Nunroyd.
William Brooke wearing the chain of office as Chairman of Guiseley Urban District Council, he was also Headmaster of St. Oswald’s School for many years.
Situated off Otley Old Road, these buildings were farm cottages.
This photo of a shop on Morton Terrace was submitted by Irene Ellis nee Gooder. The shop was jointly owned by her mother Margaret Stansfield with aunts Nancy and Dorothy Stansfeild, also Irene’s grandfather whose name is above the shop, Albert Edward Stansfield.
Mauds Road was located behind the Clothiers Arms, the properties were demolished in 1966 when Harper Lane was rerouted to the High Street and the bus bay created. The Lecture Hall on the High Street is in the background….