Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » nearby


Nellie – Undated

This lady has been recorded as simply ‘Nellie’ .

Old Hall

It was the original Manor House for Esholt.

Old Hollins Hill

A narrow road that runs from Esholt to Park Road, Guiseley.

Priory Charter

Esholt Priory (1184-1540) was the Cistercian Priory of St. Leonard, it was a small community of nuns who lived very simply.

Railway Station and Railway

The Midland Railway (number 179) can be seen lying on it’s side after colliding with the rear of a passenger train at Esholt Junction.

Railway Viaduct

View of the viaduct on a postcard sent to a Miss A Lewis in Brighton.

St. Paul’s Church

The church was built in 1839 by William Rookes Crompton Stansfield of Esholt Hall.

Stansfield, Robert & Family, c1700s – 1904 (1)

Robert was the son of Robert Stansfield senior and Anne Busfield and was born in 1728.

Whilst collecting the information for the website interesting pictures and content came to light and rather than ignore those  which are not in Aireborough, we have included these here.