Please join us on Facebook

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS

Aireborough Historical Society

Contact AHS
Home » yeadon » Schools Yeadon

Yeadon Schools

Aireborough Grammar School, 1937 – 1991 (1)

In 1906 representatives from Yeadon, Guiseley, Rawdon and Menston Councils met to discuss the building of a secondary school to serve the district.

Aireborough Grammar School, 1937 – 1991 (2)

Another panoramic photograph of pupils and staff – this image is first left of centre.

Grove Music School – 1936

A concert given by pupils of the school, Madam Doris Luty was the proprietor.

Henshaw Lane (C of E) School, 1847 – 1907

This image is of Henshaw Lane, the large building on the right at the junction with Gill Lane…

Nether Yeadon School, c1703 – 1905

Situated on Warm Lane, this is now a private dwelling. In 1703 land was leased for…

New School, Chapel Hill, 1824 – 1884

This building was erected in 1824 on what was then called School Hill. It was intended…

Old School, Schoolmaster – c1800s

This man was a master at the “old” school which was situated on the present Town Hall Square….

Queensway Primary School

Cast of the musical “We Will Rock You” performed by year 6 pupils of the school, a brilliant show by the…

Rufford Park Primary Infants School – 2004

This was the infant department of Rufford Park Primary School, it was located on Rufford…

Rufford Park Primary School

This school was built to replace South View School, it was constructed in the grounds…

Salvation Army School – 1917

Children who attended the Sunday School with adult members of the Salvation Army.

South View School, 1884 – 2004 (1)

South View School was built in 1884, the land in front of the school would be built…

South View School, 1884 – 2004 (2)

The donor of this photograph has pointed out his father Jack Brayshaw then aged…

12 Next